Does that sound like a perfectionist to you? Naah...me neither.
A while ago I read something that pinpointed exactly what a perfectionist was. It described these few things:
- Someone who is an "all or nothing" type of person. For example, they won't do the housework daily but save it up til the place is a tip and then do a HUGE blitz and god forbid if the place doesn't look like a show home after that.
- Someone who is more likely to do fad "quick fix" diets rather than a healthy eating plan because they want to look perfect NOW, not next year.
- Someone who, if they eat some chocolate while they're on a diet thinks "well, I've blown it now so I may as well have fish and chips for tea!
- Somone who is always looking for tomorrow as it will be better than today.
- Someone who changes jobs regularly.
- Someone who always wants what they can't have - "the grass is always greener" syndrome.
I am really trying to not be like it but to be honest I think I'm getting worse with age.
The reason for this blog is just to keep track of my thoughts and to begin to sort out my life so I can be happy with what I have now rather than what I could have. Easier said than done when you're a perfectionist...but I am trying.